The days are getting shorter, the leaves are turning, and there is a chill in the air! We all know that winter is just around the corner. But while you are raking the leaves in your yard, have you also thought about what you need to do to get your home ready for winter? Here are 10 ideas which can be done to keep your Bend Oregon Home ready to tackle the worst Mother Nature can throw at it this winter!
- Blow out sprinklers and turn the system off.
- Store hoses in the garage and install covers over your outdoor faucets.
- Seal cracks around doors and windows.
- Clean your rain gutters.
- Have your roof and chimney inspected by a professional.
- Have your furnace serviced.
- Prune your bushes and trees and clean up any yard debris.
- Drain and refill your hot water heater.
- Install foundation vent covers and keep them on throughout the winter.
- Lube your garage door moving parts.
Once implemented, these items should help your home get through winter in good shape and keep you and your family safe and warm.
Leave a Comment
The content relating to real estate for sale on this website comes in part from the MLS of Central Oregon. Real Estate listings held by Brokerages other than Bend Premier Real Estate are marked with the Reciprocity/IDX logo, and detailed information about these properties includes the name of the listing Brokerage. © MLS of Central Oregon (MLSCO).
This content last updated on November 14th, 2019 at 10:59pm PST. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may subsequently have sold or may no longer be available.
All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.
All content displayed on this website is restricted to personal, non-commercial use, and only for ascertaining information regarding real property for sale. The consumer will not copy, retransmit nor redistribute any of the content from this website. The consumer is reminded that all listing content provided by automatic transmission by MLSCO is © MLS of Central Oregon (MLSCO).