Is Your Bend Oregon Home Ready for Winter?
For those of us who lived through the winter of 2017 in Central Oregon, we remember how winter weather can be hazardous to your home. When the temperature drops and snow accumulates, having prepared your home can ensure you and your property remain safe and warm throughout the winter.
Here are some of the best tips to get your home ready for winter:
- Blow out sprinklers and turn the system off.
- Store hoses in the garage and install covers over your outdoor faucets.
- Store patio furniture in dry location.
- Seal cracks around doors and windows.
- Clean your rain gutters and ensure they are working well.
- Have your roof and chimney inspected by a professional and the chimney cleaned.