For those of us who have lived in Bend over 5 years, we have seen many changes impacting our town. Visually, there are new parks and schools, a 4 year college under construction, new homes being built, and many new cars on the road. But what has truly happened to Bend single family home values over the last 5 years? TrendVision data from Central Oregon MLS provides the following information:
- The average active listing price has gone from $425,000 to $623,000 - up 46.6%
- The average sold price has gone from $237,000 to $439,00 - up 85.2%
- The months of inventory based on closed sales has gone from 5.6 to 2.4 - down 57.6%
- The price per square foot of sold homes has gone from $123 to $216 - up 75.6%
When July 2011 is compared with July 2016:
- The number of homes available for sale has gone from 706 to 639 - down 9.5%
- The number of homes sold has gone from 127 to 266 - up 109.4%
- The number of homes in contract has gone from 150 to 285 - up 90%
We are currently in a real estate boom. But real estate, like the stock market, cycles. We can anticipate that sometime in the future there will be a softening in the Bend real estate market. But right now, the trend continues upward.
Leave a Comment
The content relating to real estate for sale on this website comes in part from the MLS of Central Oregon. Real Estate listings held by Brokerages other than Bend Premier Real Estate are marked with the Reciprocity/IDX logo, and detailed information about these properties includes the name of the listing Brokerage. © MLS of Central Oregon (MLSCO).
This content last updated on April 7th, 2020 at 4:44pm PDT. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may subsequently have sold or may no longer be available.
All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.
All content displayed on this website is restricted to personal, non-commercial use, and only for ascertaining information regarding real property for sale. The consumer will not copy, retransmit nor redistribute any of the content from this website. The consumer is reminded that all listing content provided by automatic transmission by MLSCO is © MLS of Central Oregon (MLSCO).